The Gizmo Dorks PETG filament is a close cousin to PET (Polyethylene terephthalate) filament. PETG is a new updated version that has enhanced properties. The optimum print temperature is between 215°C - 235°C. Please note that different printers print at slightly different temperatures. PETG filament has minimal shrinkage and warping. The filament has easy adhesion, so it can be printed on acrylic, glass, polyimide (Kapton) tape, blue tape, and others. A heated bed is not required.
PETG filament has good flexible strength more than ABS filament. It's the perfect filament to combine strength and flexibility, which is why it's used in so many mechanical parts or robotics. The filament is super transparent with a glossy finish. It has great chemical resistance with good acidic and alkalic resistance. The superb chemical resistance is why the FDA has approved PET as acceptable for direct food contact. The filament is environmentally friendly and recyclable. PETG is known for it's transparency and clarity.
- **Filament net weight = 1 kg or 2.2 lbs
- Printing temperature : 215°C - 235°C depending on part and printer type
- Print speeds : Comparable to PLA
- Great strength and flexibility
- Do not need to print on a heated bed
- Easy adhesion to print on a number of surfaces